The practice of dentistry encompasses an amazing array of services and procedures, all with a common goal: to help you to preserve your natural teeth as long as possible, ensure your oral health, and keep you looking and feeling great throughout life.
There's so much that can be done these days to improve the appearance of a person's smile at any age. From powerful, professional whitening treatments to amazingly realistic porcelain veneers to state-of-the-art dental implants, there's a wide range of exciting possibilities.
The first step in any smile makeover is a thorough dental examination to make sure that your cosmetic problems really are just that, and not a sign of underlying dental disease. Once your health has been established, your smile can be cosmetically enhanced in a variety of ways.
General and Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures:
Modern dentistry offers a wide range of services to make sure your teeth stay healthy,function well and look great. These procedures include:
- Cleanings & Oral Exams, to keep your teeth and gums healthy, and catch early signs of dental disease
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect a dangerous disease that can be cured if caught early
- MD Treatment, for pain in the jaw area that can interfere with biting and chewing
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Tooth Decay Prevention, so you keep your natural teeth as long as possible
- Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- Extractions, to remove unhealthy teeth that cannot be saved
- Tooth-Colored Fillings, for a completely natural, healthy look
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- Cosmetic Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Inlays & Onlays, to fill teeth with larger cavities
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Sealants, to help prevent cavities
- Fillings, to restore decayed teeth
When to Visit the Dentist:
Many people only go to the dentist when something is wrong. That is truly a shame, because they are missing out on so many preventive services that can save dis-comfort and expense down the road. Regular dental visits are essential to make sure oral health problems from tooth decay to oral cancer are detected and treated in a timely manner. Some individuals may need to see the dentist more often than others to stay on top of problems like plaque buildup and gum disease, but every-one should go at least once per year.
Your regular dental visits will include a thorough oral exam to check the health of your teeth and gums; and oral cancer screening to spot any suspicious signs early; and a professional cleaning to remove stubborn deposits and make your teeth look and feel great. Don't miss out on the many benefits dentistry offers you and your family!
Restore your smile with Cosmetic Dentistry: at Mary K. Parent, DMD, LLC - Call us: (503) 640-1056 to schedule your consultation!